Typesetter/Proofer – Fulltime Position
2 Available Positions | 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada office and 1 in Plantation, Florida office.
Seeking High-Energy Typesetting Specialists at Storkie.com
Candidate must have excellent Typography skills and experience.
Storkie.com is a leading online source for custom printed stationery, and has been helping families celebrate their special occasions for over 23 years. Storkie.com features a wide variety of products, including Baby Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Christmas Cards, and a lot more. We are committed to innovation and feature an industry-leading online design tool and website experience. We have grown significantly in the past 5 years and expect further growth in the immediate future. We are fast-paced and nimble – a startup mentality with an established company’s 24 year track record and resources. Storkie.com is flourishing and experiencing rapid growth and expansion and currently has a full-time position available for a highly energetic team member to serve as a Typesetting Specialist.
The Typesetting/Proofing (Desktop Publishing) portion of the position entails reviewing Storkie.com customer's personalized designs/orders to ensure that the layout, grammar, spelling and spacing is correct and optimal. Storkie.com proprietary online Design Wizard is the primary computer program used for this task. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are also used, but to a lesser extent.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Laying out custom text (Typesetting) and Proofing Customer Orders
- Client Assistance - before and after order placement
- Working closely with other Proofing/Typesetting Team Members
The ideal candidate will have excellent typography, text layout/spacing skills, be friendly, good with computers, able to multi-task, have excellent written, verbal, grammar skills, a sharp eye for mistakes and able to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner.
Experience Required: College Degree required; 2+ year experience in Typography, Pre-Press, Typesetting, Graphic Design or Desktop Publishing is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills -
- Telephone Skills
- Graphic Design/Text Editing, Documentation Skills
- Excellent computer and Internet skills and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Knowledge of digital printing technology and print production a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while contributing to a team environment
- Must be up for challenges and pleasant to work with
- Ability to improvise when challenges arise and always try to find “the best way forward”
- Possess a desire to perform at the highest level
- Well-Organized and Detail-Oriented
- Excellent grammar skills a must
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Compensation – Commensurate with experience. We offer great benefits, fast promotion and a very pleasant office environment.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.