Are you worried about your holiday party this year?
Worry not! It doesn’t have to be another Christmas Nightmare… A little organization and planning goes a long way in keeping the chaos contained!
We’ve put together a simple step-by-step outline to assist you in your Holiday Party Planning adventures.
4-6 Weeks Before the Event (NOW!)
- Select a date/time
- Book a venue (if not at your home)
- Create your guest list
- Send a Save the Date email so that everyone can mark their calendars (6 weeks)
- Select a theme, if any for the party
- Plan your entertainment (music, entertainment, gift giving games etc.)
- Purchase decorations, balloons, streamers, banners, party favors etc.
Weeks Before the Event
- (4 weeks) Purchase and send your Holiday Party Invitations
- Include a note about your theme
- Inform your guests about anything they need to bring and any gift giving games etc.
- Track your RSVPs to get an idea of the headcount
- Plan the menu
- Remember hors d’oeuvres, meal, drinks & deserts
- Determine what you will be cooking yourself and any catered items
- Pre-order anything you’re having catered NOW
- Determine who will help you the last weeks of preparation and the night of the event
- Purchase any non-perishable items such as candies, cups, plates, forks, candles etc.
- Reserve any rental tables and chairs (if the party is at your home)
1 Week Before the Event
- Confirm and provide the venue with your final headcount
- Confirm any rental items and pick-up/drop-off times and dates
- Confirm any catered food
- Create a final To-Do list
- Prepare any food that can remain refrigerated
- Delegate responsibilities for the final week
2-3 Days Before the Event
- Send a reminder email to your guests
- Check in with helpers to ensure they’re ready
- If the Party is at your home
- Buy any drinks/fresh foods
- Pick up any catered foods
- Pick up any rental items
- Clean the house
Day of the Event
- Wake up Early! Drink some coffee – Relax!
- Check in with helpers to ensure they’re ready to go!
- Make sure you have your camera and extra batteries ready
- Enjoy a drink and await your guests!! 😀
If the party is at an offsite location:
- Arrive at least 1-2 hours early
- Set up decorations/music etc.
If the party is at your home:
- Pick up rental items
- Set up tables/chairs/decorations/music/games
- Prepare final fresh foods
- Set up drink area/food areas
- Final pick up of the house
- Save the Date Email
- Formal Invitations
- 9″ Plates
- 7″ Plates
- Luncheon Napkins
- Beverage Napkins
- Table Cover
- Plastic Cutlery
- Rental Tables
- Rental Chairs
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Drinks / Ice