Baby Shower Checklist!
Two Months Ahead of Time
- Create the baby shower guest list
- Set the date of the baby shower
- Decide on the baby shower location
- Choose a baby shower theme and/or colors
- Order your baby shower invitations
- Plan the baby shower menu
- Special order the baby shower cake
- Special order balloons, centerpieces and flowers
- Contact party rental company for tables and chairs if you’re hosting a larger baby shower at a home
- Plan which baby shower games you want guests to play
- Buy baby shower party favors, decorations and game prizes
- Buy cups, plates, tablecloths, eating utensils, etc.
- Finalize the baby shower menu with the caterer or restaurant or co-hosts
- Get a final count on your baby shower guest list, call those who have not RSVP’d
- Wrap baby shower game prizes and party favors
- Make sure you have film and batteries for camera and video recorder
- Create a printed baby shower menu, table placements and name tags (if desired)
- Buy the baby shower gift for mommy-to-be
The day before
- If you’re hosting the baby shower at a home ~ Start decorating!
- Set up the drink table, food table, chairs, etc.
- Buy drinks, snacks etc…
- If you’re cooking anything for the baby shower, do everything that is possible today
- Set up the baby shower games – make sure you have scrap paper and pencils
- Prepare a timeline for the day of the baby shower. (Baby showers are generally 2 to 3 hours)
Day of Shower
- Follow your baby shower timeline to stay calm, cool and collected!
- Pick up the baby shower cake
- Pick up the balloons, flowers, centerpieces etc.
- Buy plenty of ice for drinks
- Set out drinks and food on the tables
- Assign a few guests to take pictures and video of the baby shower
- Keep a list of the baby shower gifts and who they were given by
Most of all ~ Have fun!!!